I have been using TDS Telecom's DSL 'Lite' package for about two years thus far. Unfortunately, I am forced to choose between Hughes and TDS as these are the only options in my area. I pay a monthly $63 fee for "up to" 1.0 MB/ps connection. When I signed up I was under the impression that I would be getting a connection of 1.5 Mb/ps, as relayed to me by the local TDS Telecom office, only to be told halfway through the signup process by TDS headquarters that I would be limited to 1.0Mb/ps due to "FCC regulations on distance that are beyond our control".
To note: I would be perfectly content with 1.0Mb/ps speed if I ever even received 75% of it. I have NEVER, in all my time as a customer, witnessed anything above 60%! The connection typically hovers around 300Kb/ps (about 30%) with constant (2-3x per minute) service freezes which drop the speed to 0. This kills all loading pages and downloads. I am typically forced to use mobile tether to download anything above 1Mb. My speed test about ten minutes ago shows my speed at an unbelievable 160Kb/ps connection (being constantly dropped) with a 273ms ping! This is beyond terrible! I would be better off with a dial-up modem!
Any complaints to Tech Support result in the blame being placed on my lines and equipment, initially, and even so far as to blame my intelligence on the matter. Believe me, I know my way around technology and I am a far above average user; I may not have a degree in IT but my knowledge is on par with many. My equipment functions flawlessly and when it isn't I fix the issue on my side. After being blamed and providing the proof that it is the service at fault I am typically met with the excuses of "we will test your line" and the follow-up "there appears to be no issue with your line", "we will try to locate the problem" followed by "we cannot locate any problem" or a closed ticket with never another word.
I have never experienced such an incompetent, unmotivated and deceitful company in my entire life. I am hard pressed to locate any good reviews about their service at all. The good reviews I do find seem rather suspicious for varying reasons. I implore you, DO NOT sign any sort of agreement with this company. If you are able to get internet service via a hamster running in a wheel, DO SO! You will be much better off! How a company as awful as this manages to stay in business without constantly being in court I will never understand but I am considering pursuing legal action, myself. Kiss my hind end, TDS!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- No data limit
- Unfortunately it would take multiple months
- To reach even a 1gbps limit with the pathetic service
- Tds is an std
What I disliked
- Virtually everything
- Terrible service quality
- Terrible pricing
- Terrible download speed
- Reason of review:
- All of the above!
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Tds High-Speed Internet Plan
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "MagicJack (MJ) works well for many people. However, if you introduce something as simple as a â€˜routerâ€™, then, MJ may have a hard time, as I have had. When..."
- "I bought the MI3 via Lazada.com in the Philippines as they are the only distributors for this phone here. It cost 10.599PHP. I was working fine for about three weeks..."
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "I had been letting some chick with tattoos cut my hair but she aparently quit and they insisted when i went in that the girl who had been doing my..."
- "I will never do business with american freight again. First, it took a month to get my bedroom furniture. I bought a couch and the bedroom set on the same..."
- "THIS IS THE HOUSE THAT *** BUILT YAâ€™LLâ€¦10/18/20012 My dream home in 2008 But fate would have itTo be a nightmare instead Oh the dread I did not know was ahead! First someone..."
- "Every Ulta that my mother and I have been to has been a very poor experience in terms of customer service. Everyone has the personality of a potato. They are..."
- "I know that moves can be tricky and I've worked with several national and local companies, but this was the WORST experience with a crew I have ever had. Honestly,..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."