Leesburg, Alabama
1.3
Coverage Area

I have been using TDS Telecom's DSL 'Lite' package for about two years thus far. Unfortunately, I am forced to choose between Hughes and TDS as these are the only options in my area. I pay a monthly $63 fee for "up to" 1.0 MB/ps connection. When I signed up I was under the impression that I would be getting a connection of 1.5 Mb/ps, as relayed to me by the local TDS Telecom office, only to be told halfway through the signup process by TDS headquarters that I would be limited to 1.0Mb/ps due to "FCC regulations on distance that are beyond our control".

To note: I would be perfectly content with 1.0Mb/ps speed if I ever even received 75% of it. I have NEVER, in all my time as a customer, witnessed anything above 60%! The connection typically hovers around 300Kb/ps (about 30%) with constant (2-3x per minute) service freezes which drop the speed to 0. This kills all loading pages and downloads. I am typically forced to use mobile tether to download anything above 1Mb. My speed test about ten minutes ago shows my speed at an unbelievable 160Kb/ps connection (being constantly dropped) with a 273ms ping! This is beyond terrible! I would be better off with a dial-up modem!

Any complaints to Tech Support result in the blame being placed on my lines and equipment, initially, and even so far as to blame my intelligence on the matter. Believe me, I know my way around technology and I am a far above average user; I may not have a degree in IT but my knowledge is on par with many. My equipment functions flawlessly and when it isn't I fix the issue on my side. After being blamed and providing the proof that it is the service at fault I am typically met with the excuses of "we will test your line" and the follow-up "there appears to be no issue with your line", "we will try to locate the problem" followed by "we cannot locate any problem" or a closed ticket with never another word.

I have never experienced such an incompetent, unmotivated and deceitful company in my entire life. I am hard pressed to locate any good reviews about their service at all. The good reviews I do find seem rather suspicious for varying reasons. I implore you, DO NOT sign any sort of agreement with this company. If you are able to get internet service via a hamster running in a wheel, DO SO! You will be much better off! How a company as awful as this manages to stay in business without constantly being in court I will never understand but I am considering pursuing legal action, myself. Kiss my hind end, TDS!

This reviewer shared experience about "all of the above!" and wants this business to have the product delivered. This person is overall dissatisfied with Tds and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about tds internet service at Tds was unreliable , but reviewer liked no data limit. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Netspend that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Tds.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Tds to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Tds?

Comments