I have been using TDS Telecom's DSL 'Lite' package for about two years thus far. Unfortunately, I am forced to choose between Hughes and TDS as these are the only options in my area. I pay a monthly $63 fee for "up to" 1.0 MB/ps connection. When I signed up I was under the impression that I would be getting a connection of 1.5 Mb/ps, as relayed to me by the local TDS Telecom office, only to be told halfway through the signup process by TDS headquarters that I would be limited to 1.0Mb/ps due to "FCC regulations on distance that are beyond our control".
To note: I would be perfectly content with 1.0Mb/ps speed if I ever even received 75% of it. I have NEVER, in all my time as a customer, witnessed anything above 60%! The connection typically hovers around 300Kb/ps (about 30%) with constant (2-3x per minute) service freezes which drop the speed to 0. This kills all loading pages and downloads. I am typically forced to use mobile tether to download anything above 1Mb. My speed test about ten minutes ago shows my speed at an unbelievable 160Kb/ps connection (being constantly dropped) with a 273ms ping! This is beyond terrible! I would be better off with a dial-up modem!
Any complaints to Tech Support result in the blame being placed on my lines and equipment, initially, and even so far as to blame my intelligence on the matter. Believe me, I know my way around technology and I am a far above average user; I may not have a degree in IT but my knowledge is on par with many. My equipment functions flawlessly and when it isn't I fix the issue on my side. After being blamed and providing the proof that it is the service at fault I am typically met with the excuses of "we will test your line" and the follow-up "there appears to be no issue with your line", "we will try to locate the problem" followed by "we cannot locate any problem" or a closed ticket with never another word.
I have never experienced such an incompetent, unmotivated and deceitful company in my entire life. I am hard pressed to locate any good reviews about their service at all. The good reviews I do find seem rather suspicious for varying reasons. I implore you, DO NOT sign any sort of agreement with this company. If you are able to get internet service via a hamster running in a wheel, DO SO! You will be much better off! How a company as awful as this manages to stay in business without constantly being in court I will never understand but I am considering pursuing legal action, myself. Kiss my hind end, TDS!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- No data limit
- Unfortunately it would take multiple months
- To reach even a 1gbps limit with the pathetic service
- Tds is an std
What I disliked
- Virtually everything
- Terrible service quality
- Terrible pricing
- Terrible download speed
- Reason of review:
- All of the above!
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Tds High-Speed Internet Plan
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have just started with tds and man the service is really really bad cant watch a movie on showtime cause its always being interrupted with no service its either..."
- "They failed to provide the fact that it is strictly a middle man company, and that after purchasing your local number you still have to pay for an account directly..."
- "I have had TDS for a few years now and have nothing but problems. Last night I was getting speeds of 72kbps when I am paying for 5mbps. They say..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- "I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Sky Zone in Florence, AL. Before I attempted the Warrior Course, I asked the girl that was working the section..."
- "I purchased a queen size sleigh bed bundle from American freight furniture they assured me that they were gonna order it completely brand new because i didn't want anything used,..."
- "On May 15, 2016, I ordered satellite TV through AT&T...My installation date was scheduled for May 17th, but I changed it to May 21st. The technician arrived at 7:55..."